Early notification is fundamental for the long term implications of a major casualty. NHC has been involved in numerous high profile incidents, and our knowledge can be shared in the initial phase. Our objective is to assist our Members / Clients and be a part of their contingency response team.
We will focus on:
- Establishing communication lines with the Member / Client and other resources
- Minimizing potential loss of life, injury, pollution and damage to the environment, damage to the vessel, her cargo and other property
- Legal aspects including but not limited to collisions, salvage, fires, general average, actions against third parties, etc.
- NHC Casualty Presentations & Operational Intelligence
- Utilizing our worldwide network of correspondents, qualified surveyors, legal representatives and other experts as required
- Having required experts on site asap
- Protecting Owner's reputation
- Aim to help our Members and Clients to manage a crisis rather than just react to it.
NHC contingency team actions and support will be managed from our contingency studio in Bergen, Norway.
24/7 Emergency response:
+47 22 42 88 44
24/7 PIDEF emergency response:
+47 45 39 23 42